Monday 2nd of June in New York was a night that failed to disappoint- The CFDA Awards. These awards are the ones that spotlight the fashion industry; and this year they were hosted by the iconic John Waters in New York.
To be invited to the ceremony is an honour in itself, yet of course there were winners. After the nominations were submitted by the Fashion Guild (a group of about 1,500, consisting of CFDA members, fashion editors, stylists, retailers, etc.) and everyone was
inclined to vote. Here are the winners!
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Joseph Altuzarra of Altuzarra
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Maxwell Osborne and Dao-Yi Chow for Public School
- Accessory Designer of the Year: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for The Row
- Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters for Creatures of the Wind
- Swarovski Award for Menswear: Tim Coppens
- Swarovski Award for Accessory Design: Irene Neuwirth
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Tom Ford
- Media Award: Paul Cavaco
- Founders Award: Bethann Hardison
- Board of Director’s Tribute: Ruth Finley
- International Award: Raf Simons
- Fashion icon Award: Rihanna
One outfit which certainly raised a few eyebrows was Rihanna’s. She wore a completely sheer floor-length dress that exposed quite a lot of skin; however she did wear underwear despite her nude chest.
She is wearing a custom made Adam Selman fishnet dress, headscarf and gloves that are embellished with over 20,000 Swarovski crystals. The look is accessorised with a Paul
Morelli ring and earrings and a Jacob & co ring.
Although bold this is not a new look for Rhianna. Remember what she wore at Paris
Fashion week 2014?
Or in Stockholm in the summer of 2013?
Whether you adore the look or despise it, this is seriously a reflection of old Hollywood
glamour and leaves nothing to the imagination.
What do you think of the look? Is the nudity too much? Comment below!